Tuesday, July 27, 2010



I am still pleased with my re-organization and operation. I have been reading, sketching, writing, and computing. I have had several break throughs regarding how to mentally handle my daily work life.
Reading:
"Metatropolis" ( an anthology )
"Climate Wars" by Gwynn Dyer
Projects:
Building a cruiser bike from parts for JoJo

The bicycle is still amazing and we rode this morning---although i am in lousy shape and wind up with burning legs I enjoy the ride.

My Nokia Internet tablet is working perfectly and I love it but for the fact that i cannot seem to get any of the portable keyboards i currently own to bluetooth pair with it...but still it is an excellent toy and has really cut down on the amount i carry around with me.

A pack of cigarettes is currently lasting me 60+hours which is excellent and i am pushing that for more time. I am now in this cigarette per hour concept.
My new shortwave pocket radio is perfect---at work the thickness of the building i am in restricts the reception somewhat but i still can fire it up and have music....and shut out the world with my headphones.

It appears as if the majority of my experiments are working properly and assisting me to make it through the daily grind. What more can i ask?



I purchased a Walther P22 today at the local gun show. It has a carbon fiber frame making it super light and easy to carry. From the web I obtained a Forbus holster and Magazine pouches as well as two additional 10 round magazines as soon as i returned home with my new prize.
This pistol is small, lightweight, technologically advanced and was reasonably priced. Unlike many other shooters I do not feel at all unarmed carrying a well made, .22 caliber pistol. Caliber is unimportant (with the exception of range and penetration) to a professional. The .22 caliber round is inexpensive, and available any where.....shot placement is the key with this caliber which means proper technique and ability.
I'd been out of the gun market for so long i had never seen this pistol before and immediately wanted one when i first saw it today. The Forbus holster i purchased for the pistol displayed above is an Israeli design. I have an identical Forbus holster and mag pouches for my Browning GP-35 pistol and the Forbus Holster works amazingly well. I plan on carrying the Walther P22 a great deal it is an excellent little pistol for the upcoming troubles.


A dystopia (from Ancient Greek: δυσ-: bad-, ill- and Ancient Greek: τόπος: place, landscape) (alternatively, cacotopia,[1] or anti-utopia) is a vision of an often futuristic society that has degraded into a repressive and controlled state, though often under the guise of being utopian. A dystopia is, thus, regarded as a sort of negative utopia and is often characterized by an authoritarian or totalitarian form of government. Dystopias usually feature different kinds of repressive social control systems, a lack or total absence of individual freedoms and expressions and constant states of warfare or violence. A dystopian society is also often characterized by mass poverty for most of its inhabitants and a large military-like police force.

Negative Utopia---Logical.
An overwhelming force of authority does not have to appear as sudden event. Without a doubt the development of dystopian Authority can slink and weasel...supported by religion....pushed forward by the opinion of the "Common Man". Suddenly there is no leadership but there is authority demanding obedience. There is no intelligence but there is fake science developed by Christian Mullahs and their cable TV shows.

Suddenly there is surrounding poverty and the realization strikes you that everyone you work with or know are poor. The result of a creeping poverty, destruction of purchasing power, and the completed transfer of national wealth to the rich the 1% who own the United States. This super rich------one percent who happen to be protected by 883,600 Federal, State and Local armed Law Enforcement Officers (these are 2008 figures probably higher now). http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos160.htm
883,600 armed officers two years ago and the number is expected to rise to near one million armed officers in 2018....what exactly are we afraid, or should I say, what they, the top 1%er's of society worried about that requires this number of armed protectors of their peace and property.
As we take our, one way ride into Negative Utopia we still have our eyes closed to where we are. There can be no more of a repressive control that the Religious Right, the Christian Mullahs, backed by the stupidity of the media, and supported by the stupidity of the populace. Under them a woman will not own her body, real science destroyed, climate change ignored, peak oil managed by warfare----books burned or banned, the web controlled.....we are almost there---and it hinges on the election of 2012.

I personally believe we are deep in a dystopian state, but commonly held illusions keep propping up traditional beliefs among the masses and institutions. I believe we are there already, we just don't accept this knowledge across the culture yet.
Don't let your ego get too close to your position, so that if your position gets shot down, your ego doesn't go with it.
Colin Powell






2 comments:

David Scott said...

I would of never of thought of the a carbon fiber frame. Interesting.
As to the other issues you raise I began believing in what you are speaking of in 1980 and truthfully in 1976.
Between the FTAs and the global econnomy destruction of the unions we have been steadily screwing ourselfs into the ground. There is no one to blame for it but ourselfs.
As Pogo said "We have met the enemy and it is us"

Froley said...

Thanks for the comment dave...
the carbon fiber is kinda of pimp like but at least this pistol won't weigh me down...I'm glad you wrote expressing the same beliefs it is lonley in this brain sometimes.
thanks again
warren