Sunday, July 18, 2010


While researching stress i discovered that Baboons die of stress in a medical manner identical to humans. Low ranking Baboons in their daily life suffer from incredible stress due to a lack of control over their lives...every element of life being controlled and dominated by higher ranking Baboons.....rather frightening eh?

Reading:
"Makers"----Cory Doctorow
WATCHING:
The Sarah Conner Chronicles
WORKING ON:
Rebuilding a cruiser bicycle, we got for free, for my wife.




I believe we are now at a tipping point.
It is simply hysterical to me that our news(?) headlines are filled with Lindsey Lohan when our society is on the brink of a massive change. We have several possible scenarios facing us very soon.
The first disaster scenario is the possible return to office and majority of the Republican party. The ones left are all monkey shit crazy---the original destroyers of the economy, unions and the middle class. The redneck, stupid public may very, very likely return these rat bastards to power.....if that happens there is nothing for us.

We are daily observing a cleaving of the American public into an us and them situation. At my workplace Obama is referred to as "your President" to me when politics arises. We are separating into a religious fanatic---war mongering conservative--just plain know-nothing right wing......and a non-religious, uninvolved left wing, non activist, afraid to protest left wing. We will lose what little we have left very soon.


Nothing works, the economy is honestly, dead in the water, there is no production of anything anymore other than fast food. Our situation reminds me of my favorite line from the novel SNOW CRASH where our remaining national strengths are described as writing code and delivering pizza in 30 minutes or less.....
So our with economy trashed, our leaders will be people with snakes in their head Michelle Bachman or Sarah Palin....a Republican majority to further rape and rob the last baubles from the national corpse as it floats down stream to third world status. There is much i personally must accomplish prior to the upcoming elections---i still have to switch to all rechargeable batteries with adequate chargers set up off solar panels....i have to stockpile bicycle tires and tubes....our greenhouse and wind/solar system must be finished.
A black swan could come from nowhere and be nothing expected....but any crisis now even a small simple thing, due to the fragile nature of all of our systems would begin the descent. Our world then changes.


I write on this not with the expectation of convincing anyone....I write of my thoughts of the future on this blog to assist me in preparing, visualizing and reaffirming what I need to do to prepare. I cannot help you.

ALL WE HEAR IS RADIO GA-GA

I just purchased a brand new, small, thin, very styling, black rubber, Chinese manufactured, AAA battery powered digital AM_FM shortwave radio for $23.00.

Since i am now in the Nostromo sleep pod at work, awaiting my wake up for arrival at the planet retirement---i can get easily bored....there is no standard internet at my place of employment so there is no way to obtain internet radio---

I am completely surprised that my employer has not blocked regular commerical radio waves from somehow from being available at our site.
The radio is exactly, exactly what i wanted and works beautifully, great sound through my headphones.
There was a time when you could listen to commerical radio transmissions that were both intelligent and entertaining in America but sadly No longer.

This little radio is a perfect example of where China is in development as a nation---broadcast radio in the Chinese countryside without a doubt has the largest audience right now in rural China------it is still that singular moment prior to the universal purchasing of television by the complete mass of rural Chinese. This is much as the US was right after world war 2. Everyone had radio, few had television.
Chinese manufacturing and design capability can produce an excellent, cheap, visually appealing small radio....the most important factor is the big IF Chinese quality control is actually working the day your radio was made or asleep at the switch. . China's national position and my personal position in requiring this radio reminded me of saving and buying my first transistor radio from Japan in the early 60's..... Deajavu all over all so to say.
A long strange trip to describe my purchase of a small SW radio but.....

"Radio... some....one... still ...loves... you....."
Queen

I have two levels of new computing going on right at the moment.....
The first is attempting to get my Nokia 810 up and running in a practical mode during lunch at the coffee shop.

The size reduction from a net book is excellent---I have stepped down twice now in daily carry bag size. The N810 is so easy to carry about and it is easy to use I'm just trying to find a logical system on how to put it to work on a daily basis. My only complaint is that i would love to get a small keyboard working with the N810 I've tried three and none work, bluetooth, wireless, or usb plug in. If anyone out there knows how to make this keyboard thing happen let me know....thanks


Next up in computer sad stories is the total crash of my 5 year old dell xps. Like fall over dead...
So....Out computer shopping that morning and i am now working off a fresh brand new Sony Vaio series E 15.5 inch laptop. I've never had a Sony computing product before---it appears to be excellent---------------------
I have to admit i am enjoying the larger screen and graphics capability..... the styling....No research---no search----this time i used the "I'll just take that one, cause it looks cool" purchasing concept at work-----it might work out much better in the end, who knows?

I never saw the Sarah Conner Chronicles. I just started watching Season One on Netflicks streaming....I resisted viewing them originally because i had thought that they were a cheesy rip off of the Terminator movies....but the Chronicles are actually far better than T-3 and T-4 in my opinion. Love Summer as a terminator.......perfect. To everyone who told me to watch-------I apologize. It is very cool.



Sometimes I like New.





1 comment:

David Scott said...

I could not agree with you more. Since 1980 the republicans have appealed to our base fears and used it to destroy the unions and our manufacturing base until we hav become a "Serivce economy" in other words a economy of value based on paper only nothing solid.
Then when things do go to hell in a bucket it is our fault for not buying more things we don't need and increasing our indebtness.