Wednesday, May 04, 2011


A culture in a holding pattern, we are....half of us waiting for the end, the other half believing there will be no end....By the end of next week I should have my 750 gallon rainwater collection system finished--eliminating our final obstacle to self sufficiency---access to water in the New Mexico climate....food for storage is still impossible to find....gasoline in this area now reaches highs of $3.99 per gallon although it can still be found at $3.74.
I am in the Dullard works syndrome---get up--get around, work, come home, sleep, REPEAT FOREVER !
The reason why Zombie end of the world movies and books are so popular is that if you survive the initial attack, you at least ways don't have to go to work !!


47% of Detroit's population is functionally illiterate........according to a recent study. Being cursed with intelligence teaches you to lie to survive and prohibits you from procreating at a ratio that would help society....all this and more in the links below....if you thought we, as a society were reaching idiot status, you are correct.....




After finishing Theories of Flight by Simon Morden I was at a loss for fiction so I am currently reading Black Hand Gang by Pat Kelleher---based on several Lost Battalions stories of World War I Black Hand Gang turns these stories into a concept of what if? What if an English Battalion fighting in the Somme of WWI is lost in an attack but it is actually transported to another planet with all their equipment and the traditional British stiff upper lip? A good read, good enough for me to pre-order the upcoming sequel---if you enjoy history, and are looking to simply loose yourself ---this an excellent book.


I've been averaging 48.6 miles per gallon on my 76 miles rt commute. It is the windy season here in New Mexico right now and once the headwinds die off in real summer i usually see my mileage climb to 52.7 or so...right now tho I fight the wind and watch the MPG instruments..

I received my Maxpedition Active Shooter bag this past week and it is great---the only problem was a lack of organizational area inside the bag for my small, but very necessary items. I therefore obtained a Maxpedition Monkey Combat Admin pouch to attach to the exterior of the AS bag via the loop PALS system and now it is a perfect sized summer bug out bag....




Two great browsing stops ---first, a video collection of every line spoken by Colonial Marine Pvt. Hudson in ALIENS---excellent.
The second is something only the world wide web can offer---a blog on and dealing only with the wristwatches worn by Fox Mulder in every episode of the X-Files....wondrous.


Pakistan was laughing at us all along, taking our money while knowing exactly where Osama was and assisting him---- I was also thinking that the Seal who killed him could have been 8- 10 years old when 9/11 happened.

If one morning I walked on top of the water across the Potomac River, the headline that afternoon would read: "President Can't Swim."
Lyndon B. Johnson







No comments: