Monday, May 30, 2011

A new strain of dangerous bacteria suddenly appears in Europe---no progress on the federal budget or the debt limit yet ----our representative idiot government is vapor-locked as usual while the governments daily funding is coming out of their employee retirement accounts (that's a great fucking way to run a country eh?)----the stock market declines this week on the "news" that the economy we peasants have to live and work in is "bad"----a fact that the rich, the wall street traders and the fat cat bankers have apparently not yet noticed.....

I have been observing more and more individuals walking/sitting/panhandling on the roadside lately both in town and on the highway during my commute into work. This behavior is really a tough way to go where i reside---the desert is no place to be afoot...or just squatting watching the traffic go by....door to door salesmen have seemingly increased as well---selling everything from alarm systems to meat and seafood (?) from the back of a pickup truck---
I am forced to believe it is the state of the economy causing this...people are doing whatever they can or whatever extra they can do to get by----after a while tho---- people lose all hope working within a corrupt system to no avail and then it is a danger close scenario.


Projects that I have worked on lately include attaching the light weight, super small CRKT Ritter knife to my P32 ankle holster.....(with the results pictured below).
I first added skateboard tape to the knife's skeleton hilt to insure the ability to hang onto it even if it gets slippery and reduced the length of the lanyard that came with the knife. I then mounted the knife and it's Kydex click-in sheath to the left (gun opposite side) of the rig with Velcro. The holster's ankle strap will also enclose the knife and sheath insuring that it remains in place no matter what. This set up gives me a last chance option if necessary...working out the process was interesting.

I am also working on a pocket urban survival kit based around the tin that came with the above DRKT knife. When finished I want this little pocket kit to be focused on an urban environment rather than a "lost in the woods" survival type kit...below is a sample photo below of what i have accomplished so far---i will provide a complete listing of the contents, when I complete this project next week---i am waiting for a few medical supplies to arrive to finish this project off...


The only thing i feel as if i can control and enjoy at work is my personal items--my every day carry, my watches--weapons--carry bag--clothing. There is nothing else that i have control over as a mindless, hired, automaton. My kit then has become my Walter Mitty work mental escape plan--- and overwhelmingly important to me.

I am consistently adding material to my everyday carry and I have a particular affection for knives and watches. I just received a Casio Men's G-7900-3DR G-Shock Green Resin Digital Dial Watch--- this particular watch is a soon to be discontinued model and was priced accordingly...i had planned on purchasing only solar powered watches but the asking price is way out of line now and as a result i plan on stocking up on batteries and purchasing a tool kit to make standard watch service/repairs....I cannot help myself when it comes to a new watch---it allows me to make it through another month at work---when all i want to do is run screaming into the desert---but i can prevent that by staring at my new piece of personal kit.


A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business.





1 comment:

David Scott said...

Warren -

When ever I hear of a new strain of virus I think about how we misuse anti-biotics and growth hormones for increased profit of agri industry.

We indeed live in perilous times.