Tuesday, June 29, 2010


Einstein's desk
the day he died.


5 days so far without a cigarette. The mental end is the tough fight--fighting the physical addiction is the easiest of the two for me anyway.
The EL Calmo Stoppo pills help---I really believe that this will be the end of it for me---simply because of the cost of smoking today--$10.80 a PACK, yes a Pack, in New York City.....I am not saying this has been easy--a walk i the park---nah!!
I think locking ourselves in the house for 5 days was an excellent idea. I slept at all different times--ate weird.. there was no protocol and i am doing ok, i guess. I seem to be fairly understanding and stable about this---when i really am not.. I hate all you for raising taxes on this product until i am forced to stop because of YOUR desires and not my own. Don't misunderstand ----i may be calm but you still suck.

I have my first worm farm up and running. I decided last week that worm farming was something i could accomplish that would help our gardening efforts with very little cost other than the initial expense. I did not purchase those huge 200 dollar worm farms you see offered on the Internet. I purchased a small "student" farm box---an order of red wiggler worms---and am planning on using either the small student box with possibly one of our plastic storage containers as the farm(s). One of the reason is that I'm not sure how many of the worms i ordered will survive the trip to me--and actually how many are in a shipment?

So i will try to be prepared for small or large---------------

One places damp paper/newspaper---a small amount of bottom soil, the worms and household vegetable matter into the farm---the worms eat the throw away stuff---and produce casings with is most excellent compost as well as what is called "tea" run off moisture that is also excellent fertilizer. There is literally no downside to this process as long as your worms are healthy, you feed them the right material (for example no acids) keep them moist and do not overfeed....their little world will work perfectly for our garden. This will without a doubt turn interesting in one way or another.....i am hoping for perfection with my farming of worms.....

My Swiss Paratrooper bicycle is in and i am in the process of assembly and fine tuning. It is excellent I am very happy with the purchase. I am taking my time setting the bike up for several reasons---i am going to stop smoking next week on my vacation and i want to have stopped prior to riding the bicycle. Secondly I am just enjoying playing Wright Bros. Bicycle mechanic for as long as i can! It's very enjoyable to work on a bicycle again after so many years.

My elderly, but as it turns out-perfect, Palm Pilot M105 bargain is in...works and looks beautiful--absolutely no problems with what it does and with what it is supposed to do---and i am already loving it for it's notepad, calendar and to do lists. It's so easy to take to meetings and jot down the stupid little things you get assigned to do...I love the little machine, i love the concept and i love being able to make a old thing have a place in my protocol.



On the access road to my part of the base i saw a box turtle which seemed to be fairly good size crossingthe road.....so i stopped to see if he would make it before another car and he did but i started thinking (dangerous of course) that it would be cool to have a turtle in the yard in back?? He could wander about doing turtle things----it would be a very cool part of nature to have around---maybe turtle poop is good compost----?? But it suddenly struck me that i wanted him.

i picked him up and he retreated into the shell and i checked him to make sure he was just a box turtle and not some desert snapping poison dart turtle or anything....while checking he peed all over the place. I was walking back to the car holding him when i found a broken dustpan on the side of the road so i put him in the dustpan thinking this would be cool to hold him till i could get a box to put him in at work----so every thing is fine, at that moment, i open the car door to put him on the floorboard and he makes a really FAST i mean Spider Man, Fast break--for freedom--he really did not want to eh be involved in my project.....

I could barely wrestle him out of the car, he's trying to climb over and out of everything really really fast----peeing all the time of course, and set him back free in the bushes on the side of the road.....meanwhile i discover turtle pee is really something that SMELLS very very very BAD.... and although i was lucky to have had him in the the broken dustpan in the car the car still STUNK...just from being exposed to the odor.
In fact i can still smell it somehow...................................
--------- so i drive the rest of the way in with all the windows down which seemed to take care of it......
I can't believe this turtle moved as fast and was as adamant as he was about not being rescued to the garden of Eden that we have. He wanted to have nothing to do with my plan of us having a friendly turtle in our backyard habitat. little Bastard.

Computing is not about computers any more. It is about living.
Nicholas Negroponte






No comments: