Friday, April 27, 2012

Bakhshali Manuscript


"It's not a mistake. They don't make mistakes. 
They don't do random. 
There's always an objective. Always a target."



Week follows strange week...i notate minor changes around me...yet nothing overall changes. Ever. The world around me is full of things i care not about....but we go on....
38 tomato plants have been planted and---I'll sling up the new rifle and fill the bandoleer with ammunition this weekend....work on two military surplus projects i have....This Sunday--doing nothing but science---weird science but nonetheless science--working on the sentry gun. I've received enough materials to begin phase 2 of the construction--control chip, motorized camera mount...I must now begin to activate the chip and attempt to match the software to the components....I'll lay out the materials i have collected so far during the process and take photographs for posting here later.


Lets review shall we?--- stupid, religious fanatic millionaire white guy as President----how'd that work out for us the last time eh?---lets do it again shall we?--I got fooled the last time---you know that hope thing? No way am I getting involved in this upcoming Thunderdome of the stupid. No way.




My town should be renamed "NO CREDIT CHECK"  that is now the wording on the most prolific sign i observe on my daily commute. Everywhere, everywhere my eyes turn, no credit check shouts out at me...perhaps instead of  "In God We Trust" the words  NO CREDIT CHECK should be emblazoned on our national currency now..only 38% of the American Public believes that they will be able to retire "comfortably". Only 60% of the American public now states that they live "comfortably"
 (the definition of comfort in this survey was stated as having any money at all remaining
 prior to the next paycheck).  
50 years of Republican lying Reaganomics, of the destruction of Unions, of transference of wealth to the 1%---yeah---- our national motto should now be....... NO CREDIT CHECK.....


Driving into work yesterday I spotted a beat up old ford Ltd sedan parked in
a vacant lot next to a pawn shop. Alongside the LTD was pitched a tent.
The sedan was positioned to hide the tent as best as possible---this really, really struck me as the vision of our current time---sleeping in a vacant lot next to a pawn shop----The vision of our future is far worse----



Absolutely outstanding--I've read Mr. Windrow's The Last Valley, which was excellent---this book covers the Legion during the sub-Saharan Africa colonial period and very early Indo-China conquests. Filled with interesting facts------- as an example----the world accepted romantic version of the Legion--joining to forget an affair of honor or a broken heart did not appear until the novel Beau Geste and the subsequent film with Gary Cooper appeared in 1924? Before that the majority of the French did not even know of the Legion much less the rest of the world....i had always thought the "run away and join the Legion" myth was as old as the Legion itself...... 





As promised a true photograph of the recently acquired Mas 36--- 7.5x54 rifle with bandoleer. 


"I can tell you the license plate numbers of all six cars outside. I can tell you that our waitress is left-handed and the guy sitting up at the counter weighs two hundred and fifteen pounds and knows how to handle himself. I know the best place to look for a gun is the cab of the gray truck outside, and at this altitude, i can run flat out for a half a mile before my hands start shaking. Now why would I know that?"
Jason Bourne


1 comment:

David Scott said...

If I could I would give you a it will get better but I can't. Instead I will tell you it just getting started on a downhill slide. In case you wonder about my blog I have been a little under the weather.
Keep up your good work.