Saturday, June 06, 2009










I've been naturally writing blogs with smaller content while vacation...all the while being not sure if i work better with smaller or larger content. In a regular work week i save material, chew on information, and then create an opinion and blog it on the weekend...blogging when you are free is actually very different.
Monday it's back to work. I actually have made enough internal mental progress that i am viewing the world from a positive viewpoint instead of the negative zone i had been isolated in. I am planning on work being well different---better. I want this mental change for the positive to last long term--we are what we think we are so I am attempting to be more. I accomplished all my "working" goals for this vacation. I actually got a great deal accomplished on the urban homestead, I am very pleased. Tomorrow i will ride my segway in the morning, fill the prius with gas, prepare my equipment for work Monday--and then drive on with life as normal.



As I've advised before---I backed into collecting action figures late in life....
This has been the case for much of my Nerdness.. Late life attack of Geek appearing at a time when, by rights, i should be ordering the Denny's senior special breakfast, while sitting with other grizzly codgers, collars buttoned up, complaining about liberal politics...
Apparently that's not going to be my social circle....I'm riding my segway, and hunting the Internet for action figures. Weird eh?
So far I've been exclusively cheap when it comes to Action Figures but...I just entered into the expensive zone (for me) by ordering a "Captain America". This Action Figure cost more than my usual budget based on the fact that it is designed as an old style W.W.II version of the character with ammo belt, big shield and winged helmet...this should be very, very, cool.
I'm now on the search for two items---#1--any action figure from the movie Tremors---A Burt Gummer action figure would be almost too good to be true. If anybody out there knows of a place where I can find action figures from Tremors PLEASE contact me through the blog comment section--I'd really appreciate it.
Item #2 is that I am going to have to find is a new way to display my collection as it grows. I've got an idea on how to work this out and will post a photo of what i eventually come up with.




I love flash mobs-----performance art--or viral communication dependent upon your outlook on life---they are to me, an example of the purity of humans in action for no reason other than simple fun. An additional benefit is that is upsets the Establishment's way of seeing and doing---day to day operations---here's a video of a high class, California, Levi Strauss type store, getting hit by a FLASH MOB--http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_mob---Hit not just by a flash mob but a flash mob outfitted in gold Hammer Pants engaging in a coordinated rendition of the infamous "Can't Touch This" Hammer dance---you gotta see this,incredible, and the expressions on the faces of the shoppers----priceless....


Watch Christopher Walken as Feng in "Balls of Fury" he'll make you feel good no matter what is going on in your life...
warren

No comments: