Friday, September 21, 2012

Harmonic Series Diverges



A fairly quiet week--49.1 mpg for the Prius, the weather here is constantly improving until it begins to get wintry---feeling my age this week...and every punch I've ever taken---but i managed to keep getting along....



I just ordered two wooden machinists chests as displayed below..( Cheap Chinese copies of course I could never afford the real ones)---to enable me to keep my modeling supplies, and projects available in the cottage dining room to work on. Packing and unpacking everything every weekend was time consuming..this way i can simply seal up these furniture like storage boxes and leave them out with none the wiser.....Eat you heart out Ozzie !!!





We recently had a friend visit for two weeks, not only was it excellent to see her but it pushed us to accomplish cleaning and organizing around the homestead that usually gets lost in daily life...Things like cleaning, organizing and washing down the front and back porches---so having people visit is an excellent motivator for projects. I even rebuilt the bargain BBQ my JoJo obtained described in previous postings----



There were some things that we could not accomplish on our own..as in, we are still awaiting the solar panel installation crew--as of this writing....and there is apparently no pushing the outcome of when they will arrive---it is something we just have to accept. All of our vehicles are recently maintained and now need cleaning and detailing by me....which I hope to start this week. As the weather here in New Mexico begins to cool i hope to get additional outside work completed prior to the arrival of winter....



with the arrival of winter i will be shelling pecans and making cigarettes indoors. We have pretty much decided to switch over to hand rolled smokes after the success of the first batch I made up without any difficulty last weekend....this would be most excellent, reducing our monthly expenses by a huge amount and giving us one additional level of independence. The garden is pretty much done for soon---giving up only squash and pumpkins now, but it is perfect timing for the garden to go out gracefully. Other than vehicle cleaning, geezer weather station updating, and tearing apart my big shortwave radio--I am actually almost close to being on top of things for once...and it's a good feeling.








Any Religious Fundamentalist sucks---with the exception of the Amish. I give the Amish a pass on this statement---a "new thing" I've noticed commuting to work here in Southeastern New Mexico is the placement of crosses in people's front yards. Small white crosses have appeared in the front of several houses alongside of my commute---the first ones i saw I thought were for little pet graves or something until enough of them popped up in so many yards to make it clear even to a pagan like myself that these people were trying to say something--as in, hey--- here's a sign that  Christians live here-----as with the fish symbol on the back of the soccer mom's SUV as she races to walmart....


The owner of a Pecan Grove on my commute route, had to outdo everyone by putting up a huge, gigantic cross covered in lights in his farm yard ....sort of a Help me Jesus Helipad kinda thing going on, blinding passing traffic with this symbol....Muslim or Christian is immaterial when it comes to the stupidity of fundamentalists---Proud they are that there is no brain activity involved in anything they do---and they cover their weirdness by throwing around the words from old dusty books to cover their killing, abuse of others and attempt to change the world around them to the way their fantasy wants it.








I absolutely hate seeing animals dead alongside the road any animal--killed by passing vehicles--I just hate it---it is not because i have a soft heart---or a good soul---as a famous man once said "I'll kill a man in a fair fight, or if i think he's gonna start a fair fight".  I hate it and it disturbs me for what it represents our selfish destruction of life because we are late for the sale at walmart..these animals killed by us in huge quantities on the roadways are only trying to get by within the range of human stupidity--and we cannot even allow them to cross a roadway without them dying for no reason.....this is why i get upset at any roadkill---it is a sign of our selfishness...our stupidity....our slavery to speed---add to this of course that studies have shown that 6% of American drivers will purposefully change course and aim at a realistically stuffed bunny placed in the roadway shows us for what we really are killers for no true reason.
We shall soon learn tho that we will be the animals in the roadway facing the oncoming destruction we have created---let's see how we feel about it then.




JoJo and I just finished viewing year 4 of the Son's of Anarchy. We are behind a year because of no commercial TV in the house which means we must wait for rental DVD releases...but the wait was worth it all. I consider the Son's of Anarchy the one viable commercial Television show available. A soap opera with guns motorcycles and fat, hairy, dangerous guys it is---make no mistake...but it features excellent writing and acting. There is also to me the enjoyment of watching, even fictitious individuals, do exactly what they want to do, at all times with complete disregard for the rules of society or the Law. I find their complete disregard of society wondrous. Although prison or death things do happen because of this disregard, at least it happens because of actions they took knowingly and willingly. I would have never in my wildest imagination have believed a show like this could be done on commercial Television with it's whore like pandering to any and all groups of religious righteousness that shout loudly at them. For once I am proud of the medium for creating something like this....who'd thought?


The recent ancient piece of papyrus talks about Jesus's wife---that should stir up the pot of the born again....
Apparently so far this piece of writing has passed all the required tests for historical accuracy and is close to being considered a real relic..






My favorite company, probably still secretly run by my favorite human Dick Cheney helps out America again---by losing the below illustrated, radioactive cylinder oil tool--- somewhere in Texas..What i really enjoy is that Halliburton's press release shown in the link, says it's no danger to the public unless---
YOU GET WITHIN 25 FEET OF IT! Bah! I Imagine that right now this thing is being used somewhere in Texas to prop up a swing set used in an illegal trailer park day care or something---Halliburton and Cheney--the gift that just keeps on giving......




Three New Zealand soldiers were killed in Afghanistan recently...the watch this link---- shows their unit doing the Maori Haka for brave warriors who die in combat..the men welcoming their departed home are all colors and and i am sure all religions---it does not matter as they honor their fallen in the traditional manner....inspiring and saddening at the same moment.




"If a man's wit be wandering, let him study the mathematics."
Francis Bacon


3 comments:

David Scott said...

Warren - excellent post - my wife and I are avid fans of SOA - what is bad about Halliburton and others of their ink it is about the profit regardless of environmental destruction. -

Unknown said...

Okay WB. You keep poking a sharp stick in my eye with your hobby posts while all my stuff sits in storage for another 4 months. I hope your Humbrol oil paints spill all over your nice new Chinese tool box

:-)

Oz

Unknown said...

Okay W.B.....You keep managing to poke a sharp stick in my eye with your "look at how much time I get to spend on my hobby" posts. Meanwhile I am slogging it out digging ditches, caulking joints, pulling crooked nails out of 2x4's that are too short. All the while my stuff rots in storage for another 4 months. Well I hope your fancy Humbrol enamel paints spill all over your fancy new Chinese tool box.

:-)

Oz (I need a beer!)