Saturday, June 25, 2011


Small blog this week---it is too hot here for big anything....111 degrees yesterday and over 100 until 8:00 last night. Heat such as this that runs throughout the workday just saps the life out of you.
I thought it was just me being a weakling but even the real old timer desert rats are complaining-----I am staying inside today and will work on little personal projects even tho there is a massive amount of garden work, worm farm work and just work-work to do outside....the desert makes you pace yourself---it is better here to know your limits and work smart as compared to being the mad dog Englishman out in the midday sun......

I finally know what distinguishes man from the other beasts: financial worries.
Jules Renard




1 comment:

David Scott said...

No blame. The heat is bad and will only get worse with global warming.

I can work in it. but only with a little breeze and shade. 40 years of working in all kinds of weather you learn when it gets hot to not get in a hurry, wear loose light color clothing, keep a hat on when outside and keep hydrated.

Used to take a towel and wet it and drape it over my head and down my shoulders it secure it with my hard hat. Cooling effect as the towel dried.