Saturday, April 04, 2009



This week the catastrophic results of wall street banker greed and republican toady stupidity wormed it's way into my personal world---12 of our employee's have to go---(classified as temporary---we permanent status employee's are safe this time around)---Our UPS guy said they laid off 26 employee's at our local UPS depot when we were talking yesterday...GM's actually going to go bankrupt, there's really no way around it---we do absolutely need to start calling this situation we are in, what it is, it's a depression... Things are going to get very difficult soon....realize it....






For the first time in 8 years I felt proud of my President----thank God for Obama---what a difference--having a stylish, savvy, intelligent President and first Lady represent our country at the G20 conference---the entire world loves them--and therefore may forgive us for the recent past---your electing the fear mongering,torturing, redneck Bush-Cheney--maybe they will, at least i hope they will forgive us---speaking of rednecks:
the 2012 hope of the republican party---Sarah Palin--- well her sister-in-law broke into a strangers home in Alaska, twice by the way, and stole $400.00. She's in jail at the moment....no way of knowing if this is the meth dealing sister-in-law in law or different one---I just shudder to think of what could have been---what a total dipshit gene pool going on there.
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2009/04/03/Gov-Palins-sister-in-law-arrested/UPI-92021238805027/


I spent this morning shoveling shit--(pony shit--mixed with digested hay to be precise)---a small trailer filled to the brim with it--the gardens love it, the smell made me feel as if i was working for the circus---but nonetheless we were the envy of other nearby gardeners---it appears as if gardening seeds are getting more difficult to obtain--perhaps it's just my observation but there are more and more seed items sold out on gardening websites....we are researching and considering buying a green house kit---my wife's a little hesitant about it--since a good one is somewhat expensive around $3000.00--but as far as I'm concerned having a greenhouse right now is a better investment than having money in the bank--the US banks philosophically suck, i do not wish to support them in any manner and the return on savings is nothing---we'll have to see how we go with this but i want one...

Items I have recently purchased include:

A big--i mean a really big----gel battery specifically designed for solar panel systems....i am hoping that this larger battery specifically designed for a solar power system will be the missing link in my home power set-up...panels ---to regulator--to battery--to inverter...i hope? I just ordered a small secondary monitor for use by either my laptop or my netbook. Manufactured by MIMO---powered by the USB ports this little, rotating, rascal will give me dual monitors anytime--any place--i want one-I'd been thinking about one of these for a long time and finally decided to purchase----in the ongoing saga of emergency food i just received my order of another case of 12 MRE's for the home emergency supply depot---I'm nowhere near the month's worth of emergency food i am demanding to have on hand so the hunt for reasonably priced MRE's continues.



During my continuous web hunt for useful self-reliant concepts to fight the possible effects of our economic depression---- i discovered an entire sub-genre of humans and their machines which were new to me--- Rat-Bikers....


What really interests me is a sub-genre within a sub-genre the individuals that combine Rat biking with survivalism...sort of a Road Warrior--zombie fighter technology and mentality combined on two wheels. This may actually may be a worthwhile philosophy to pursue---Orlov does advise in his book "Reinventing Collapse" that migratory groups may stand the best chance of success when society falls--please understand that there is no way i am switching from urban self-reliance to rat biking as a methodology---I'm too old for it---but as a concept i enjoy it and will gladly steal any useful concepts from the genre. Plus it's just way cool---run a search on rat bikes and you will find the concept of combining art, motorcycling, and survivalism interesting---if i was 20 again ratbiking would be definitely a way for me...


I do not want to work anymore--but i am 4-5 years from retirement...it is a struggle everyday without exception.

I wish the economy would either repair itself or collapse--I'm tired of being in the dazed and confused middle ground...

I love working on my house and being left alone...

I want to have cats again...i miss having a cat....

I hate it when i get something organizd and turn around to find it not so two days later...




No comments: