Sunday, July 06, 2008


It's interesting, to say the least, living in my town,---- Roswell, New Mexico---it's a great, small town, with excellent people and services, i love living here----however the best-- best part to me anyway, is being deep within the swirl of the alien vehicle crash conspiracy of the late 1940's. The amazing part is that my town has been integral to the plot line in my favorite all time show, the X-Files...In fact the final X-Files TV episode had Scully and Mulder hiding out in a motel in my Roswell, attempting to determine what they would do with their lives a perfect ending at the weirdness source------the latest news from Roswell is--that just within the past few days a strangely inscribed rock was discovered by a hunter outside of town--- people are linking it to the whole alien crash circumstance---i just am just beside myself in enjoyment of the weirdness of where i reside--it's perfect for me/us...aliens, the X-files, what more could i possibly desire----- i love my town.

well, i just built a charging stand for my new smartphone out of LEGO's. I love doing that kind of stuff with lego's when i accomplish something useful with them i just run around full of pride---crazy eh? ---- i'm also updating an older dell laptop, studying square foot gardening, ordering and receiving a ton of organic vegetable seeds, having a co-commuter riding into work with me, finishing the painting & detailing of the utility room, learning to relax more at work, making original art bookmarks, (yeah strange but actually art in use i suppose) learning how to maneuver around FLICKR, as well as studying and experimenting with my new smartphone and the new bluetooth keyboard i obtained for it...i never actually believed i would become so enamored, so quickly with my smartphone i am beside myself with geek joy over this item and although as with any new tech i am working at getting a handle on where exactly it fits in my life---i am really working with it on a daily basis so much that i cannot imagine being without it's mobile capability.
Items requiring more effort on my part include---rebuilding an old dell desktop computer to more modern specs---not getting wrapped so tight about house remodeling projects---redoing our garage into a studio for my wife---watching anime dvd's that have backed up (which requires sloth time)planting flowers, working more with my LEGO's, finding a third good place,like a coffee shop to hang out in, spending more time with friends instead of projects (that's weird for me eh?) and so on and so on----all in all i feel as if i am making progress at merging towards being a semi-balanced human being....

The best thing to happen was the change in the social contract which allows men to carry a bag--call it what you will--- messenger bag, urban bag, day pack---it's still carrying a bag and i don't care...i like to carry my stuff around with me....i just feel better with my laptop, glasses, books, spare cigarettes, moleskins, pens, all my necessary and vital life stuff. Because i like carrying my stuff i have a pretty good collection of bags and i just received a new bag that was on sale at ebags.com. This Clive bag is alittle smaller than what i normally carry--- now i am taking gliding on the segway human transporter into consideration with my personal baggage and my smartphone can operate as my laptop if necessary--- this particular bag is pretty cool for all my purposes........
Being always on the lookout for weird new shoes I came across these Chinese--(actually worn by Chinese people that is, as compared to export product) sneakers...I have not really investigated these much as of yet or where to find them--- but i am already enamored by the design....they are very, very utilitarian and interesting as a new variety of weird shoe for me to wear..and upset the people around me...I'll find out more about these and then.

Shades of Serenity---here's a link to an article on Chinenglish---i love it that this fact follows science fiction. One of the major and i thought most intelligent factors involved in the Serenity tv shows and movie was combining chinese and english as the lingua of the future.....I really enjoyed the blending of languages in the dialog of Serenity---especially cursing in Chinese, since it is a much,much better language to curse your enemy, or circumstances with than English could ever attempt to be------ this entire concept appears to be closer to us than we realize. The concept of blended languages in the future was first developed in Blade Runner--where the language of the street was a mix of Hispanic, oriental and English--that you had to be fluent at to understand at all.
http://www.wired.com/culture/culturereviews/magazine/16-07/st_essay
I found a blog NEHRU PLACE which discusses and displays in excellent photography the computer market of New Delhi---if you are interested in the world at large, computers, street technology, or any combination thereof you need to take a moment and go here...there are also excellent comments by interested readers of this blog describing their experiences and suggestions on Asian electronics/technology marketplaces. You need to go here....

work on being content and happy it does take work you know.....think for yourself on every issue--and on everything you are involved in--- Do not believe big oil on any issue...vote democratic....garden, write, feed the birds, compute, wander the net, read, drink good strong coffee and smoke cigarettes while debating your best friends.....



No comments: